Summary of course
This webinar focuses on how newborn infants communicate, through their physiologic system as well as using motor and behavioral state behaviors. Practical information is provided to the professional to better understand how the newborn communicates a readiness to attempt a new task (e.g., feeding) and how to know when to implement interventions or stop a feeding.
Presented by: Dr. Erin Ross: Internationally recognized Infant Feeding Specialist, Speech Pathologist, and creator of SOFFI®, Supporting Oral Feeding in Fragile Infants in the NICU and presenter for Toomey & Associates, Inc.
Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Special Education Teachers, Psychologists, Physical Therapists, Early Intervention Specialists, Nurses, Physicians, and Mental Health Workers. Note: Training conferences are available for professionals only.
This course is an intermediate level course: Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter. Prerequisite – None
- Describe at least one channel of communication (Synactive Organization of Behavioral Development)
- Describe at least one behavior of readiness to engage
- Describe at least one behavior indicating disengagement
- Stability as it relates to Homeostasis: 0:00 – 4:30
- Model of the Synactive Organization of Behavioral Development: 4:30 – 7:15
- Communication within the Physiologic System: 7:15 – 12:20
- Communication within the Motor System: 12:20 – 16:45
- Communication within the Behavioral State System: 16:45 – 23:55
- Communication within the Attention/Interaction System: 23:55 – 27:15
- Homeostasis and Habituation: 27:15 – 31:30
Total Run time: 31:30 minutes
** To ensure Learners successfully achieve the Learning Outcomes above and to satisfy the completion requirements and continuing education credits, all attendees are expected to view the online workshop in the entirety. Additionally, all attendees are required to complete an 8-question quiz and receive 100% to be considered passing. Please take the quiz immediately after completing the webinar to make sure you mastered the content. The quiz may be taken as many times as necessary. Attendees must also complete a course evaluation to receive their certificate of completion.
Toomey & Associates, Inc. and SOFFI®, complies with ADA provisions. If you require special accommodations or need assistance, please contact Gina Gass at least two weeks in advance of the conference at [email protected]