Summary of course
This webinar focuses on the BROSS Approach: Baby Regulated Organization of Subsystems and Sucking. Published in 2011, this approach conceptualizes eating as a progressively complicated task, that begins with internal regulation and minimal challenges, and progresses to mature sucking patterns. Sucking/swallowing/breathing patterns observed in preterm and medically fragile infants are described.
Presented by: Dr. Erin Ross: Internationally recognized Infant Feeding Specialist, Speech Pathologist, and creator of SOFFI®, Supporting Oral Feeding in Fragile Infants in the NICU and presenter for Toomey & Associates, Inc.
Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Special Education Teachers, Psychologists, Physical Therapists, Early Intervention Specialists, Nurses, Physicians, and Mental Health Workers. Note: Training conferences are available for professionals only.
This course is an intermediate level course: Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter. Prerequisite – None
- List the first step in the BROSS framework
- List the defining characteristic of the Obligatory Step
- Overview of BROSS Approach: 0:00 – 3:55
- Developmental steps pre-feeding: 3:55 – 4:10
- Developmental patterns of suck/swallow/breathe – Obligatory: 3:55 – 9:46
- Developmental patterns of suck/swallow/breathe – Alternating: 9:47 – 13:05
- Developmental patterns of suck/swallow/breathe – Intermittent: 13:06 – 16:38
- Developmental patterns of suck/swallow/breathe – Coordinated: 16:39 – 18:35
- Developmental patterns of suck/swallow/breathe – Integrated: 18:36 – 21:17
- Research with the BROSS: 21:18 – 22:10
Total Run time: 22:10 minutes
** To ensure Learners successfully achieve the Learning Outcomes above and to satisfy the completion requirements and continuing education credits, all attendees are expected to view the online workshop in the entirety. Additionally, all attendees are required to complete an 8-question quiz and receive 100% to be considered passing. Please take the quiz immediately after completing the webinar to make sure you mastered the content. The quiz may be taken as many times as necessary. Attendees must also complete a course evaluation to receive their certificate of completion.
Toomey & Associates, Inc. and SOFFI®, complies with ADA provisions. If you require special accommodations or need assistance, please contact Gina Gass at least two weeks in advance of the conference at [email protected]
The course content is focused on the BROSS Approach and there will be limited or no information provided about similar products or services.