Summary of course
This webinar focuses attention on the influence of medical comorbidities on oral feeding skills. Research regarding prevalence of feeding problems correlated with medical problems is reviewed. Information related to both the influence on feeding and intervention strategies for the following is provided: respiratory, cardiac, neurologic/central nervous system, gastrointestinal, and structural and genetic conditions. There are five parts to this webinar.
Presented by: Dr. Erin Ross: Internationally recognized Infant Feeding Specialist, Speech Pathologist, and creator of SOFFI®, Supporting Oral Feeding in Fragile Infants in the NICU and presenter for Toomey & Associates, Inc.
Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Special Education Teachers, Psychologists, Physical Therapists, Early Intervention Specialists, Nurses, Physicians, and Mental Health Workers. Note: Training conferences are available for professionals only.
This course is an intermediate level course: Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter. Prerequisite – None
- List at least two risk factors for ongoing feeding problems
- List at least one comorbidity factor that is associated with a longer transition to full oral feedings
- List one effect of respiratory issues on oral feeding
- List one influence of cardiac issues on oral feeding
- List one influence of neurologic/CNS issues on oral feeding
- List one influence of gastro-intestinal issues on oral feeding
- List one influence of structural issues on oral feeding
- Part 1 Research regarding the influence of medical comorbidities: 0:00 – 9:00
- Part 2 Influence of Respiratory issues on oral feeding: 9:00 – 30:00
- Part 2 Influence of Cardiac issues on oral feeding: 30:00 – 36:00
- Part 3 Influence of Neurologic/CNS issues on oral feeding: 36:00 – 36:40
- Part 4 Influence of Gastro-intestinal issues on oral feeding: 36:40 – 61:00
- Part 5 Influence of Structural and Genetic issues on oral feeding: 61:00 – 77:00
Total Run time: 77:00 minutes
** To ensure Learners successfully achieve the Learning Outcomes above and to satisfy the completion requirements and continuing education credits, all attendees are expected to view the online workshop in the entirety. Additionally, all attendees are required to complete an 8-question quiz and receive 100% to be considered passing. Please take the quiz immediately after completing the webinar to make sure you mastered the content. The quiz may be taken as many times as necessary. Attendees must also complete a course evaluation to receive their certificate of completion.
Toomey & Associates, Inc. and SOFFI®, complies with ADA provisions. If you require special accommodations or need assistance, please contact Gina Gass at least two weeks in advance of the conference at [email protected]
The course content is focused on the SOFFI® Method and there will be limited or no information provided about similar products or services.